Pecan pie is a Southern tradition, and is oh-so-yummy, so having a great recipe is essential. In this video, Betty shares her fabulous pecan pie recipe. Betty's recipe has been proven yummy for over 40 years! Just try and resist eating this delicious pie!
You Will Need:
9-inch unbaked pie crust
*1 cup dark corn syrup
*3/4 cup sugar (In my demonstration, I said 1 cup sugar, but 3/4 cup sugar is better.)
*2 tablespoons flour
*1 teaspoon salt
*1/2 cup evaporated milk
*1 cup pecan halves
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2: Mix your filling together
In a medium to large mixing bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup dark corn syrup, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 teaspoon salt. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time. Add 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup pecan halves, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and mix well.
Step 3: Set filling into your pie crust and prepare to bake it
Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil (cut in appropriate strips) to avoid over-baking the fluted crust.
Step 4: Bake
Bake 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. This is my all-time favorite pecan pie. I wouldn't think of trying to improve on it!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades