Dissolve yeast and 1 1/2 teaspoonful of white sugar in lukewarm water. Mix until bubbly then set aside.
Mix everything together until blended well and smooth.
Transfer dough into a greased bowl, let rise for one hour, then form into a log, flatten out and fill with cheese or butter (optional), or just coil into a snail shape in a greased pan.
For individual cakes, divide the dough in equal pieces, roll into logs and coil or knot and place in greased muffin tins.
Let rise for another hour, then brush with butter. Bake in a preheated 300¬8F oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
Cool completely, slather with butter, dust with sugar and top with grated cheese, if desired.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades