Chocolate. Everybody loves chocolate. Unless you're allergic. If you want to melt chocolate, then this video tip is the perfect recipe for melting chocolate, straight from Real Simple.
Chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate-dipped cookies?perfectly melted chocolate can take a simple dessert from delicious to divine. Low heat is the key; excessive heat can easily burn it or make it grainy. Here are some quick steps to melt your chocolate to the proper consistency.
What You Need:
Bar of chocolate, cutting board, serrated knife, large saucepan, heat-proof bowl (large enough to cradle in top of saucepan), rubber spatula
1. Chop the chocolate: Roughly chop the chocolate into small pieces, about the size of sugar cubes (a serrated knife works well for this).
2. Place chocolate in heat-proof bowl: Set chocolate pieces in the bottom of your metal or glass bowl, making sure it's heat-proof.
3. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water: Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl.
4. Stir the chocolate: Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades